Friday 16 May 2014

Confirmation

After a few rather fretty days, I've finally heard back from the school that they've received my tuition and accomodation fee, so everything is in hand. On the strength of that, I handed in my resignation letter today. It's the first time I've ever had to resign - although I had quite a lot of jobs before settling into this one, they all had fixed contracts that I completed and moved on from, or were day-by-day temping arrangements that I stepped away from. So that was a novel and slightly nervy experience.

I'm now feeling out of Limbo, and able to push on more with planning and researching Fukuoka. I didn't like to do too much of that as it felt too tenuous; I just hated the thought of building up excitement and getting disappointed if things went wrong. I'll also, of course, need to plan to visit family, and those friends who are especially keen to see me again before I head off to another continent! With things settled I felt safe to announce it publicly, and a couple of people who've been to Japan have offered to advise, which is really handy. The more, the merrier!

No comments:

Post a Comment